Ah Oxford street, shopping, managed to convince P that the book shops were where he would like to stay and I wandered the length of the street. I shopped, wandered, looked, tried on.. for 3 hours I know the men among you will shake your heads in despair but it was lovely . Being a wet Sunday and sale time there were masses of people out, many women tried things on in the shop just next to the racks. Not a silly idea as the queues for the changing rooms could be up to 40 people long and they let them take up to 10 items in the try ( some cut it back to 5 to try and speed things up) all round were shoes off tops going up and down and even bras over clothes in one shop hard to see how that would give you any idea.
Managed to buy a new suit skirt, and a holiday/casual skirt plus some really cheap undies at a place called Primark where women had bags of clothes the size of those stripy bags. The check out queue wound up and back and up and back but the servers ( of which there were 14 ) were very quick and oddly for a woman's and underwear store , they were all young men ( and all black) must be immune to the excitements of skimpy tops and bottoms after handling them all
day.
Then was walking back to P when I rang to see how he was and it turned out he had moved to another store a long way away, glad I rang I was getting very sore feet. Anyway bussed along, caught up and coffeed we headed off to explore.
Got to Soho and walked down a street full of bars that were all full ( on a Sunday) and it was all men, holding hands, and even kissing in the street, offered to leave P there but he just clung on tighter.
On the bus back to hostel where we ate our tea in the hostel dining room ( made me miss C with the residents mostly her age ). then 4 shows of Everyone loves Raymond and then bed
Monday we spent the Morning in the Imperial War Museum Photo Collection sorting , we both sorted and then I recorded the good ones and photocopied some. Some really interesting views on life at the time, actually enjoyed it though my neck got sore from looking down all the time
Had lunch in the IWM itself, what a maze that was took ages to find our way through.
Then I headed off to get the bus back to Bristol and himself headed back happy as a pig in..
Bus home tired bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment