Friday, 12 October 2007

No rain in Spain

We hope I have booked flights for Barcelona for P and M and Claire and Oren for February when they are over. The flight over is 1penny return including taxes.. the flight back 8.99 but it has taxes added then when you add on the check in at the airport bag handling charge, the credit card fee and the levys it comes to 112 pound. still not bad for 4 people return. We have been looking at apartments and will book that next week.
I am very keen to see the Gaudi buildings having read a very colourful book on them.
C and O have booked a contiki tour of Europe while they are here so we have London for 3 days then 2 in Oxford then they bus off and do 10 countries in 12 days or some other mad dash through Europe in the middle of winter. Then London to Bristol for 4 days then off to Barcelona for 4 days then the last 6 days exploring Bristol and going aahhhh.

Should be great although the airfare I paid today for C to come see me was more arrghhh

Average week here worked and so did he, he was a bit surprised by the difference in his paypacket now he is not a school teacher and getting more the average wage.

Going to dinner tomorrow with the kiwi couple we met in the burger restaurant a couple of weeks ago, so that should be fun.
They live north a bit in Gloucestershire.
Two dinners out in two weeks what social things we are. Went to the new jazz bar on the way home last night and had a wine, they played an old Carey Grant movie where he was Cole Porter ( I think) no sound made it a bit tricky.
Well all I have done since I got home is search for flight and apartments so I thin kit is time I got off the computer and read a book. I did make carrot soup cos the carrots were 58p for 1.5 kilo sadly with out a blender it is more carrot lumpy than soup. Tastes all right looks a bit odd.

No comments: