the long version
I got an email from a Dunedin friend to say that the person doing my job "E "( for the one year I was on leave) was taking the job of my friend A who is moving to Wellington to be closer to her folks.
What to do.. the school could try to hire someone but who would you get for only 6 months that could do the job and a full set of annual accounts.
So I emailed that I would resign then they could offer a permanent job or entice E to stay.
I heard nothing so sent off a formal resignation.
I get an email from my Dunedin friend again to say that I had resigned and that E was staying so my reasoning was right, ( see even from the other side of the world 14 years of loyalty still kicked in)
Sorry to A who now has to find another replacement for her job.
And for me I now have no job to go back to, and I really enjoyed that job.
Have had no acknowledgment that I have resigned from OG in fact I have heard nothing except 3rd hand.
On the upside now I don't have to make a decision later in the year to stay,or go, there are still masses of place I want to visit in UK and Europe. We still have 2 one month stays in Italy to do for P's book. So I guess it all turned out for the best.
I rang C to reassure her that even though I no longer have a job to go back to if we stay longer I will go home for a visit and see my folks, friends and her.
And all those friends that were thinking of coming to stay have more time to plan.
The birthday girl
My fellow Bursar had her 60th birthday today so she was greeted by a door curtain of shiny 60's, flowers, a balloon and she bought in a cake with her photo in icing on the top. Was lovely, she wore a purple plastic necklace with a string of 60's ( that she bought from home). Was funny as she was interviewing for a new PA and the applicants had to walk through the curtain and sit under the balloon.
Thanks for the nice comments from my loyal readers. ( mostly in emails , you know who you are)
We are planning a walk along a canal path and to watch the rugby for our new "homeland" can't support the SA I'm afraid even tho I think they will win.
Maybe P will do another nice space ship....
2 comments:
Don't worry too much about having to resign at OGH, there are plenty of jobs around for people with your ability and experience (boy can I crawl) and enjoy your time in the UK and go the Poms in the Rugby, SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT.
Cheers
Wayne
I dunno about this much-vaunted ability, you should see Jude working at a paper folding factory, she was so slow that foreman Molly had to have words with her. (Yes this job was a wee while ago I guess.)
Posted by the fastest paper folder in the south...
Post a Comment