Well it was quite a long week , I can see why the man is off on stress leave, having said that I achieved a lot this week and am pleased with the progress. Will be back there Monday.
We went out last night cos the sun was shining, went over the other side of the canal we live on where a street is closed off and there are pubs lining the sides ( one plays jazz)
sat at the big table with a class of south african cabernet. ah bliss We were joined by two men who wanted to be social, and after 3 hours of talking with them and a few more wines we staggered home ( thank goodness it was so close) It did mean I was a wee bit fragile this morning, but nothing coffee could not fix.
Off to Stonehenge, Salisbury and Averbury to get blown about ( always windy on the plains apparently. )
Will take an overnight bag in case we stay. It's the european football cup final so will need to get to a telly.
P's school today was nice with polite kids , so they are out there. It ws in a country village and a nice drive there. We had a market in Portishead so I went there at lunch time, bought 2lb satsumas for 1L, there was a huge truck and trailor unit and the side was cut out and a travelling butchers shop with the meat displayed in sloping racks and the man had a wee stair to get down to the money and pass the parcel.
Got a notice in the mail today to say that the TV series casulty is being filmed in the street ours runs off, and its an eposide with a bus explosion.. better stay and watch that. maybe I can be an extra.
Need to get on to booking accommodation in Dublin.
No comments:
Post a Comment