Friday, 27 July 2007

we're going to the zoo zoo zoo

Well actually we've been. Decided to finish work a day early as everyone else had pretty much gone and I was just time filling. The Business Manager ( the one I had been replacing) and I went for lunch at a local pub, he asked me at 9.30 did I want to go, 12.00 came, 12.30, 1.00, 1.30 finally at 2.15 we went to lunch, so did not get away from there till 5.30, but I know all about the new school I am going to. Yes I have another job with a school in Backwell, I will start in the new term in September. Nice to have something to come back to. Got the best reference ever from the Headteacher ( principal) you would think I had paid him to write it.
The zoo, being we had the day off , we collected Mia, our 5 year old friend and away we went,We saw lots of animals and even a baby gorilla. Lizards, penguins etc.
Then home and after tea thought we would wander over to Queens square to see what they had set up for the Harbour festival tomorrow and lots of stalls were already there, there will be a European market and one side is all french food and another all Italian. Cheeses wines olives fruit plus huge vats of hot food yummythen as we walked towards the main stage area we came across street theatre two men in G strings doing acrobatics, some angles were definitely better than others.. if you know what I mean. They were very funny and the audience had a great time. The over to the main stage where Toots and the Maytails were playing reggae so we listened to that with the crowds ( the festival is not meant to start till tomorrow so was a surprise to have so much on) Looked at the tall masted sailing boats that have come up the harbour along with masses of pleasure craft all strung with coloured lights. A great atmosphere. Looking forward to more of the same tomorrow.









No comments: