Not our best Xmas..
Poor Claire was ill and had been to Dr and then got worse and went to A & E and has been diagnosed with meningitis and hospitalised.
She went down at 4pm to A & E ( 3 am here so after I talked to her I was awake the rest of the night being the panicky, helpless mum on the wrong side of the world ).
They did a head scan, blood, urine tests and she had a spinal tap ( not happily they had to knock her out for it). In serious amounts of pain and vomiting a lot , hopefully they will get it under control.
they think it is viral so it is the lesser of the type.
Oren ( her boyfriend) has been fantastic and was with her for 8 hours of testing and finally got to bed at 1am.
there is hope that she will get out for boxing day.
I feel totally helpless being over here and checked web pages for flights but the London airport is closed with fog so could not get out anyway.
If viral she will recover in 10 days or so so should be OK for the trip over here on the 15Th January. Here's hoping.
I have just realised that 3 members of my close family will be having Xmas dinner in hospital. Mum in Ranfurly recovering from the operation to put metal pin in her leg ( from knee to hip to repair a break ) Dad keeping her company, and Claire in Dunedin.
Then
I went to buy a phone card and they are busy searching the canal outside our block for a naked man seen in the water ( and he talked to a passerby ) and then went under the water and never came back up.
Police, firemen, divers etc all on the scene.
Hoping you all have a better Xmas
Judi
No comments:
Post a Comment