Friday, 28 December 2007

cardiff castle

I though that I should have a day off, himself got up an hour late for work ( by mistake) and I decided to go to Cardiff and see the Castle. Last time we went there but is was shut.
So I got the train, it started raining as I got and and did not stop till I got back to Bristol.
One hour on the train with a lovely lady with a west highland white terrior sitting quietly on her knee. Then out in the pouring rain in Cardiff. I remembered where the castle was and was lucky to get on the tour in 10 minutes ( benefit of being a solo visitor).
The castle is amazing the previous owner was the richest man in Europe! so the ceiling are 22caret welsh gold etc, very very ornate all done by the same architect with no expense spared.

http://www.cardiffcastle.com/

I was not allowed to take photos indoor so have included the web page.

The tour guide was very good and made it all very interesting.
Then back outside and I went into the Keep up really wet stone steps, a visit to the Welsh regiment museum and back into Cardiff central. I pottered about the shops for a bit then got the train home. A good day.

Also some photos of Victoria park where we went for a walk before xmas, note the oddly painted house and the blue sky which we have not seen since.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jude and Perry - a note to say hi and how thankful we are that Claire is out of hospital and well and happy - YAY!!
Also to let you know that I have just been to Cardiff Castle via the website - WOW - what a tour I had through the nursery and bachelors bedroom!!
Enjoy the rest of your day Happy New Year to all and lots of love
Judy and Paul Tr.