anyway enough of the boring stuff, flew to Pisa collected the rental car and I drove.... wrong side of the car so the gear lever is worked by the right hand and wrong side of the road.. all scary stuff.
We got on the wrong road then the right one then wrong and back towards Pisa then finally we were on our way.
Drove through beautiful Tuscan coutryside and on frightening motoways, I was driving at 120km perh most of the way and I was being overtaken all the time, I overtook trucks and slow cars. I had some tense moments when crushed between trucks and concrete barriers, and they
seem to sqeeze over my way. I got so close to one its proximity squealer went off, I think he was wandering a bit.Stopped at a beach resort San Vincenzo, for lunch and what I thought I was getting a bread tomoato thing was ripped up bread with cucumber tuna and onion , so P ate that and I had his nice canneloni. Lots of umbrellas and not many people must have sleep time.
Then a lot more driving to Viturbo ( sorry if spelling wrong will bring map next time) a wonderful medieval town that we explored for 2 hours the off to Bananou? for the night, We wound up roads
There was big truffle pig wandering about and a huge dog but in the house was Italian excess. Lots of saints and silverware and heavy furniture incredibly cluttered and out room had a view over the valley and a big brass bed with luscious velvet pillows.
Went back to the village and had a pizza ( huge ) and a local wine on a
then back to our teal room got to lie by the pool but not to swim, would have been nice though
2 comments:
Hi Guys,
I am very envious that you have based yours in Cassino and I wish I could be there. Rianne, Lana and I are off to Fiji on Sunday, we can't afford it but we are going anyway so all the best in Italy. How long are you there for?
Cheers
Wayne
Hi Guys,
I am very envious that you have based yours in Cassino and I wish I could be there. Rianne, Lana and I are off to Fiji on Sunday, we can't afford it but we are going anyway so all the best in Italy. How long are you there for?
Cheers
Wayne
Post a Comment