and we headed off to the bottom of the track.. Cavendish Road. Off he went and I headed back to bed , sadly never made it as they were chainsawing trees in the section next door. So I Internet cafe'd and coffee'ed instead. At 11.00am went up to the Abbey thinking I might have time to have another look through before he arrived. Well... the Abbey closed at 12.30 and I went off to the Polish cemetery in intense heat with all that concrete. Waited waited no text no sign, asked the info booth where the road came out but they just had a panic attack that anyone was walking over the mountains and had left so long ago ( should take about 1.5 hours to walk up and it had now been 6 hours). There was a Polish bus tour in and they had a service for the departed soldiers. Went on for ages I felt sorry for them in full sun, I sheltered to one side and was still sweltering. 
After a few more texts I noted that my phone was on some strange network and not the one we use so changed it and all the messages went at once but I finally got a reply, "another hour at least" " I am lost" I have found a path" " not long now be right there" 45 minutes later and 9 hours after he started and 6 hours for me on the hill he arrived, very hot very bothered and the water was still frozen so very thirsty. Not sure how in 35deg heat the water does not melt but the two bottles must have insulated each other.
Back home and himself had a bath ,
I did my bit for his recovery by putting the shower on cold.. to get his temp down quickly,him not so happy about that method.That night we went out for dinner with Christina and Lorenso to say thank you for all their hospitality. A really nice restaurant that had always seemed full ( so assume good), and it was a lovely meal. Then a walk to middle of town for gelato. Home by 1am.
No comments:
Post a Comment