Day three
Finally P got to head out, we had the laptop plugged into an adapter in the car a large bottle of water and away
Went to Mignano and wound our way round the very small village streets till we came to where we thought a photo match might be
he headed off up the hill and was walking back to the car when an old italian lady called out to me from her window after a buon giorno I tried to explain that I could not speak italian and that I was from New Zealand finally when and got my guide book and showed her the picture of New
Zealand, I explained we were looking for sites from the war
she then went inside and came back with many pages of typing that seemed to be her families contribution to the war, a brother dies etc, after half an hour of my nodding , and frowning at the death sounding bits P came back and she then read for another half hour so he had to nod and smile as well.. was nice of her but oh so long.She invited us in for coffee but we declined.
(Shirl will be proud tho at the beach yesterday I had coffee, it came in a tiny cup and was only coffee none of that silly milk stuff, tasted all right.)
Anyway after we left the lady we went up to the top of the hill for P to match another photo and he headed off into the brush on the side of a cliff and I walked up to the ruins of a castle. All our
plans of doing these things in the cool of the day and here we were at 12,00 silly
after the castle I sat under some almond trees and read my book, after 50 mins or so was worried and planning to organise a search party when a very exhausted , dirty and scratched P showed up and collapsed in the back of the car ( he had carried his laptop and camera) I poured water over his head and he slowly recovered, silly man. Got the photo he wanted tho....then we had to go back to the ladies street again so we drove past fast then then P got out and walked amongst her cows to get his next shot, they all ran at the car at one stage which was a little off putting.
Then on to Mignano and lunch in a very nice cafe as it was siesta time everything but cafes was shut. He walked about after that and I followed in the car. The laptop kept running out of battery and and we had to run it off the car. I was prked waiting for him and a big italian man come and leant in my window and started to chat, he leant all the way in up to his belt and kept scratching his..... crotch . He kept chatting and so I showed him the photos on the laptop. Finally after about 15minutes of not feeling happy he went to the other side of the road so I made my escape . P had been inside the police-council headquarters and been waiting for an English speaker to help. They were very nice if confused about what he is trying to do.
Then up a hill to a lookout and then back to Cassino a long hot day and finally a chance to write and receive some emails and the blog.
Finally P got to head out, we had the laptop plugged into an adapter in the car a large bottle of water and away
Went to Mignano and wound our way round the very small village streets till we came to where we thought a photo match might be
he headed off up the hill and was walking back to the car when an old italian lady called out to me from her window after a buon giorno I tried to explain that I could not speak italian and that I was from New Zealand finally when and got my guide book and showed her the picture of New
Zealand, I explained we were looking for sites from the warshe then went inside and came back with many pages of typing that seemed to be her families contribution to the war, a brother dies etc, after half an hour of my nodding , and frowning at the death sounding bits P came back and she then read for another half hour so he had to nod and smile as well.. was nice of her but oh so long.She invited us in for coffee but we declined.
(Shirl will be proud tho at the beach yesterday I had coffee, it came in a tiny cup and was only coffee none of that silly milk stuff, tasted all right.)
Anyway after we left the lady we went up to the top of the hill for P to match another photo and he headed off into the brush on the side of a cliff and I walked up to the ruins of a castle. All our
plans of doing these things in the cool of the day and here we were at 12,00 sillyafter the castle I sat under some almond trees and read my book, after 50 mins or so was worried and planning to organise a search party when a very exhausted , dirty and scratched P showed up and collapsed in the back of the car ( he had carried his laptop and camera) I poured water over his head and he slowly recovered, silly man. Got the photo he wanted tho....then we had to go back to the ladies street again so we drove past fast then then P got out and walked amongst her cows to get his next shot, they all ran at the car at one stage which was a little off putting.
Then on to Mignano and lunch in a very nice cafe as it was siesta time everything but cafes was shut. He walked about after that and I followed in the car. The laptop kept running out of battery and and we had to run it off the car. I was prked waiting for him and a big italian man come and leant in my window and started to chat, he leant all the way in up to his belt and kept scratching his..... crotch . He kept chatting and so I showed him the photos on the laptop. Finally after about 15minutes of not feeling happy he went to the other side of the road so I made my escape . P had been inside the police-council headquarters and been waiting for an English speaker to help. They were very nice if confused about what he is trying to do.
Then up a hill to a lookout and then back to Cassino a long hot day and finally a chance to write and receive some emails and the blog.
2 comments:
I'm so jealous!!!! here i sit in my dark dingy corridor and yesterday something died in the air conditioner or ceiling or floor and it smells really BAD. Wish I was in sunny Italy, but all the same love to read your stories. Hugs and love, R
Hey R, has the dead thing been removed yet? At least if its cold where you are, that will keep the smell at bay.
Post a Comment