Great start to the day I had to take the car to the garage, it has sat in the school yard all week as I did not want to drive it back to Bristol. Really did not have a first or second gear so lots of revving and trying to start at intersections in third. Horrible clutch smell of burning. The route was all up hill and on one of the main feeder roads for Bath. I had to try and merge into the traffic in some gear that does not exist, a truck stopped to let me merge and I tried to move,when it did it was at the speed of a snail, awful I looked at the truck driver and bounced up and down like I was making the car go faster, he laughed and bounced as well...
then I made my way up to the garage holding back so I would not have to slow down out of third. I was much relieved when I arrived. First thing the mechanic said was" lots of clutch smell)
4 hours later they rang it was fixed... went to get the car and it was only 24 pound he had fixed it by making a part and only charger 30 minutes of time for the whole job , maybe felt a little guilty that the first fix job they did was not a huge success.
Then a huge blond moment as I could not remember my pin , only had it for a year......I did it wrong the first time and then it was all down hill.. as soon as I did it 3 times and the machine said no more I instantly remembered the digit I had wrong.
Car drove beautifully all way back home.
Nice to hear from dad and Claire and Shirley looking forward to my visit to NZ.
No comments:
Post a Comment