Friday, 30 March 2012

the dreaded life in Uk test

Life in Uk test day, we had tried out the sample test on our fellow office workers and all had failed badly....
We have to sit it to be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to remain in Uk
Rushed out of work at 12 to be there at 2.00, was a bit of a worry getting there as we got stuck in a traffic jam trying to get out of Bradford were there for 15 mins at least, we had to change our plans to go home and get the bus into the centre for the test and instead drove straight in.
Ended up on time, then had to confirm all our details I had some issue with being born in Palmerston North and it not being on my drivers license.

Anyway the group of about 20 of us sat down at our computers, we got the chance to do a 4 question trial run and I got one wrong so that helped my confidence no end!

The test meant to take 45 mins, P was the first finished I was 4th but did just sit there for a while because when you finished you just went to another room and sat there with nothing to do so might as well go over the test again and again... good thing I did as I found a really simple answer that I got the wrong way round.
Finally every one done and we all sat and sat and sat and then P went through but did not come back to us, finally my turn and I passed ( yeahhh!!) then off to find P and he had passed as well which was our main worry as I had been acing the trial tests for a couple of weeks now and he had been marginal.

Now we have passed the test we can apply for Indefinite Leave to remain in Uk once we get back from Italy.
We went out to posh place for lunch to celebrate with nice food including the brownie sample plate with 3 types of brownie mmmmm nice.

Quiet weekend for me P has hockey ( last game for the season and then off to last lot of filming in Italy ( back tuesday)

School holidays now so should be lovely and quiet at work.
Why were specialist immigration centres set up in the West Indies in the 1950's?



No comments: