Sunday, 9 October 2011

the job that was

Well P arrived at 5am and had a quiet Sunday to recover but then came with me at 3pm to Essex. ( what a nice man )
We based ourselves at Chelmsford and I went off to observe training and he slept and caught up on all the emails etc that had lapsed while he was in Italy ( which sounds like it went really well)

Day one we went through the training manuals and as the group were who Tracy had worked with for the last 5 years ( before she became a trainer ) it was very relaxed.
Another trainer for the company also came to see what was new, she is based at the bottom of Cornwell.
I was a little concerned as they both talked about how disorganised the comapny was, and how they were travelling alot Tracy was doing 60 hour weeks and either up really early and driving 3 hours or staying a night away from home .
Day two more training and then we went to Peterborough where the head office is.

Day three, my laptop not ready and Ellen's has disappeared. There are not enough desks for the staff, no one has given me any paperwork to fill in for salary etc.
A lot of mumblings and high levels of frustration, I think they have grown a bit fast and really need organising. Tracy in tears.
Got to see the calendar and I was due to be in London for 4 days
then next week Bristol two days and Nottingham two days. And each place you have to be there by 9.30am and work till 5.00 so driving/ travel in own time. Do get Friday off to recover but I can see you would be doing paperwork and travelling
so day 4 I quit.

Not sure how I go about getting the hotels costs back but at least as P came too it was like a holiday.

not what I signed up for.

so P and I are now job hunting

The job I applied for him while he was away he has an interview for... go me, he is worried I built him up better than he is but I didn't the job suits, it is exams and data in a secondary school.

Are back in Leeds and pottering about
Two early morning going to the Two Hulats pub to watch the rugby and have breakfast.


No comments: