we collected P's mum at Heathrow at 5.30am and she and I headed into London, P went to the archives in Kew and F and I got the underground into London. we caught a double decker tourist bus and were lucky to get the front seats up stairs and we even had shade. Had a lovely hot day 23 deg so enjoyed our sightseeing. We stopped off at St James Park and had a picnic on the grass with the squirrels. The back on the bus and we went to Harrods for a look at overly expensive things we will never buy.

Finally at 5pm back on the tube collect P and drove home to Bristol.
Work the next few days as I am getting ready to hand over to my second replacement the first the premises side had the last 3 days off with a big boil on his neck ( ick), the next one, finance half, starts Monday.
This weekend on Saturday F and I went to the Mall and then we all got a ferry to the storage
depot to check out where we are leaving our goods while in Italy.Then Sunday I took a neighbour to the out of hours Dr and then we drove to Castle coombe, an amazing place that they use for a lot of period movies , they have just finished filming Wolfman there. A beautiful place with no lamp posts, sky dishes or any other 20century add ons ( except yellow lines for no parking and they cover them up with gravel for the olde road look.
We went for a walk through the village only about 10 houses then onto the Castle Coombe Manor, we only got to the golf course but I put a link to the real thing. The Queen had a party here thats how posh it is.http://www.manorhouse.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE_HOTELS/the_hotel/the_grounds.aspx

Back in the car and to New Zealand only about 5 houses down a lane funny I thought it was an island or two and a lot more people....
Then we drove to Devises where there is a lock staircase.. 16 locks going up a hill must be a pain to open and close them all for the canal boats. We stopped an a pub and watched and I did my bit and helped open one.
Then drove to Bradford on Avon for cake but the cafe was shutting but luckily we got the cakes to take out.
Then home at 9.00 very tired it was hot and sunny all day amazing as did not think UK got so
hot.Then I rang the neighbour that I took t the Dr to see how she was and she had staying in all day on her own crying and in pain so I went to visit and
gave her neck a massage to see if that would help... seemed to and now F is asleep on her bed so it must be time we went to bed as well.
1 comment:
Hi - well sounds as though Italy is getting closer. I had to write as I have just had my hair done by an MI (Mad Italian) why? I hear you ask - isn't that a little unfair?- 1. he didn't listen to how I wanted my hair and when it was finished he stood back and i said "is that it?" Very birds nesty (maybe that's the latest in Italy - so watch out) Anway he redid and I came away a little more pleased and a bit smoother!@@
Enjoy the rest of your stay in BRitain. How long are you in Italy for? Cheers Judy
Post a Comment