Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Italy 2

Monday

Faye and I went to Ortona a nice town two bays along, we shopped, ate, drank and walked.

A nice castle at the end of the bay but it was all shut up and there was a bigish port but we just looked down from above.

The adventure began when we wanted to get back to San Vito and could not find a bus stop. We walked up and back and after 15 mins or so we saw masses of school kids waiting and a row of buses pulled up one of which said San Vito ( assumption being they were away home for lunch and siesta) so I asked the bus driver if I could get the bus he said yes I jumped on He shut the doors and the last thing I saw as we pulled away was Faye’s face… what a picture left on the sidewalk. I managed to get the bus to stop but we had gone 2 blocks and I got off and there she was running up the street, must have really moved to keep up with the bus, I waved at the driver to wait and we both got back on again…… she was a bit puffed…. Then we sat quietly till our stop and got off still don’t know when we were meant to pay?

Recovered had lunch read books and went for a walk in the local area.

Photo of the priest cleaning up after a wedding, the guests and bride all swanning around having photos and he was quietly sweeping up the confetti.

Tuesday

even some seats that were curved and set sideways like a bay window. Once there Faye and I shopped, it was a main street full of the sort of designers that advertise in Vogue. We tried but it is hard to spend 330E on a t shirt . We did find a lovely dress for Faye that is black and white and a super fit. ( and a sun hat ) I bought an orange v neck top and a work sleeveless jacket in an already crushed linen in a natural colour. We then walked for 4 hours all over Pescara centro stopping for lunch at a very posh restaurant that had a food bar about 5 metres long. Lots of cold pasta that seemed like last night tea but was very popular, lots of varieties. And cheeses and fruit salad and 3 mtrs of desserts and gelato.The lady beside us had a mozzarella on a plate and ate it with a knife and fork We went to the beach which was so long we could not see the e…Got the train to Pescara, only 2.20Euro and the most amazing train, all big seats lots of room . We went to the beach which was so long we could not see the end of it , lots of groups of umbrellas in blocks of colour for each hotel/cafĂ©. There where people lying in the full sun not hats and not under the brollies, some were a very baked colour. We sat under a tree. We did not manage to find anything very historic or even churches that were open. A man on a bike asked us the time then told me he wanted a woman .. we are not sure if he said for “a walk” or “for work”.. either way we left him to it and went the other way. Last time I was in Italy I had men stop and talk animatedly to me ( I think it is the novelty of blonde curls ) and it is happening again, so Faye is going to dye her hair blonde and catch a rich Italian and we are all going to live here on their estate. Good plan?

The train home and pasta Genovese and apricot tart and a walk on the pier and now blog time

Wednesday

I got the train to Ortona and then had to climb a massive number of stairs to get to the town half way up they went into a tunnel, so I ran! up stairs in the heat! glad I did though as a group of men arrived just as I got out of the dark and I scare easily!

Now recovering in the internet cafe. P and F headed off to match photos today , he still has not writtne a blog but has filled 2 memory sticks a day with possible matches for his war photos.

I will potter round the shops then get the train back ( ah all down hill) and then swim in the Med and read my book,.

averaging 27deg most days hotter at mid day of course but lovely in the early evening.


No comments: