Sunday, 9 January 2011

and then there were 2

yes C and O are back in NZ so I have a couple of weeks to write up.

Christmas was lovely we went to the shops and bought whatever we wanted for food, so masses of cheese and nibbles plus a roast and vege and many desserts.

On Christmas eve we went to Deb and
Steve's and played games with their friends and family, a form of pass the parcel where you end up with all sorts of gifts you dont need ( or want!)
lots of food drink and laughs.

Christmas day, games food, drink I am not sure we left the house, presents. I bought P an executive office swivel chair, after him complaining of a sore back after the hours he spent on a wooden kitchen chair, I know I should not encourage him to sit at the pc all night but its not going to change so he might as well be comfortable ( what a nice wifey).
I got a designer laptop/overnight bag ( I chose it lovely and super quality)

boxing day we ate more and went for a
walk.

Next day we went on a train and bus trip to a huge mall near Bristol, shopped and then went ice skating on the artificial rink.O;s first time he got quite good by the end of it.
It was dark by 5.00 so quite nice skating about, managed not to fall over which was a
bonus.
Perry as the best of us with Claire still remembering all she learnt from holidays in Naseby and also really good.

Next day Imogen arrived, a friend and ex flat mate of Claire's , she came over with them on the plane but has been working here and staying with an aunty in London. She stayed for 4 days and was a lovely house guest even cooking a big chicken casserole which the others all enjoyed ( I got a frittata which was also lovely.)

New Years eve they were joined by Rosie ( ex Otago girls High but now living in UK) and the 4 of them
got stuck into sloe gin. P and I went to the local pub and then to Ericas for the night.
Then home the next day to see 4 very sleepy and hangover people draped about the lounge and the airbed. Suffice to say they had a great time in many clubs, were adopted by some locals, got lost in the cold dark streets and got home and the wee small hours. O had the job involving rubber gloves and a scrubbing brush in the bathroom to clear the effects of his night.

picture before they went out as the red eyes are not there yet. A day of rest!
then Rosie away back to Bristol and the other three went of to Glastonbury and climbed the Tor. P and I went to Bradford on Avon for a day out.

Then back to work for him and me and then off to Heathrow a night then they were away back to NZ.... so sad.

O is off to Wellington in 2 weeks and C has decided to stay in Dunedin ( they decided this before they came over ) so after 4 years they are both single again, but really good friends still.
C is finding a flat in Dunedin ( A- ave for the year work on it so far so doing really well). She has her dad and some great friends their so I am sure she will be all right.

we plan to go to NZ in August for her graduation so P can catch up with his family for the first time in ages.

First weekend on our own for 7 weeks P wentoff to hockey where the opposition got 5 goals in 15 mins, not a great game then and they lost 5-2.
Today we went for a long walk over muddy paddocks to a stone age fort, an old WW2 airfield and for a change it was blue skies and sunshine. ( he was a bit stiff and had trouble getting under or over any fences we came up against.) http://j.mp/fxGGmC for map

1 comment:

Paul and Judy said...

Hi Jude - Sounds as though you have had a great Christmas.
I am back at school now for the 2011 school year.
We had a great January with our youngest son's wedding - we scored a great sunny day (luckily as it was a garden wedding - always good not to have rain!).
Hope the start of your 2011 going well.
Catch you soon.
Luv Judy Tr