Sunday, 17 May 2009

might as well be in Wellington

For all you non NZ'ers Wellington is the capital city in NZ and a wet and windier place it would be hard to find ( sorry Shirl  I will admit it does have some glorious summer days as well)

Here in Bath all weekend it was wet and windy, I went to town both days as I thought any walks by the canals would be a bit muddy. Did not shop just looked in art galleries and orientated myself round the wee paved streets.  I have a residents card which gets me into lots of things free. ( well I do have to pay council tax of £1100 per year to get it so not really free)

Himself was very tired when I spoke to him today, he has been climbing hills carrying a laptop and his camera while wearing sandals... not all that clever.I await the call that he has bee found at the bottom of a cliff... he says if that happens can I make sure I get the photos off the camera  for the book .

He has had some good successes including finding a tiger tank turret in a field. Tonight he meets the tour company reps and the veterans and families that he will be guiding for the next few days. ( before any one feels the need to comment I have no idea if this is a tiger tank and yes it has more than a turret but I don't have the same collection of tanks photos as P does.)

Bed time for me.  work tomorrow .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah if only you were in wellington - so calm tonight! (mind you we did lose our phone connection for 36 hours thanks to the phone cable to the house being snapped, suspect high winds to blame)

signed: a wellingtonian

Anonymous said...

as himself may be a bit busy crawling over actual Tiger tanks (lucky so and so) I will take the opportunity to jump in on his behalf and let you know - just quietly - that your cool picture is in fact a Sherman ...

signed: a dunedin tankspotter

Ropey said...

And what's more I was hunting Panther turrets not Tiger turrets. Of course the turrets have long been melted for scrap so actualy I was hunting Pantherturm bases...