for our walk,
Saturday up and off to walk from Bath to
Bradford on Avon ( 9 mils, 15km away) along the Kennet Avon canal towpath.
It was a lovely sunny day and an easy walk though we stopped for tea and cake and lunch and P for a tour of a pumping station and a bit more cake so it took us from 10 until 4.
Lots of lovely homes lining the banks and a stately manor house or two.
There were lots of canal boats.it a a bank holiday (3 day) weekendand lots of people were out for a cruise
The canal goes over 2 viaducts and is narrow in places with locks so watching the boats
There were a few groups out for boozy cruises including one where a young man tried to hang out off the front of the boat like a figure head and slipped banged his bottom on the front of the boat and then fell in.. ow and very wet.....
There were ducklings, fishermen, boys swinging into the water from ropes on trees, trains,lots of bikers and we spoke to a woman in an aotearoa shirt who has lived in NZ for the last 8 years,
I do have blisters in 2 places on my feet though so not all good........ow.....
Friday P started work at the same school as me as a temp "estate manager" the current one is off on "depression " leave.... and the Head asked me
if P wanted to fill in for a while... I pointed out he was a teacher and off to Italy on the 12th but still they met and he started in the afternoon.
He has some capital works projects, ie the fact that the front school porch has been covered in scaffolding since December to sort out and some caretakers to organise. I think he has 4 major works and a lot of supervision . Still it is all pocket money for Italy so why not. It is funny as when I was here last I was school Business manager and estate manger combined and I split the job and hired 2 people to fill the roles, and now one is P.... and I am there as well but not in the same role. It is a really busy job trying to follow up on task not done and all the repairs and
maintenance for both site of the school.. good fun for him...maybe..
1 comment:
That's because Kiwis are just so darned handy to have around the place...
Post a Comment