So much to write where to start
C and b are now back from London and Paris and the weather is colder and darker with daylight saving started.
We went to visit a stately home but I think the estate farm was the biggest delight, all those huge pigs and baby chickens.
P and I have been working and visiting autumn colours it has been a great year for orange trees.
see photos at the bottom
We went to see a comedian at the Leeds Varieties Music hall, the comic was really funny and even included P, as an out of town person, in his act.
We all went away on holiday this weekend ( P and I have two weeks off for Eid and mid term break)
We went to a couple of cute Yorkshire villages and the to a medieval home for a look around. Then the highlight for P and B a music and beer festival. Bonus for this was that it was spread along the route of the steam train line and we travelled from place to place by steam train. The main stage was in a the train shed so there were trains down one side a bar with 100'sof beers down the other and a stage with bands at one end
A great day out with a pub meal in the middle.
We stayed the night in Harworth the same village we went to for the 1940's weekend. The hotel was really old but posh and the number one there for trip advisor.
A drink in the bar and a gourmet meal later we slunk up to bed to sleep the day off.
Day two we had thought to hire a canal boat for the day but we got started a bit late and it was a bit cold.
So we walked and drove and pottered.
Now home again and snuggled by the gas fire.
photos
1 comment:
Loved the photos! (Especially that woman off balance at the V&A.) They seem so familiar - maybe I was with you in spirit for some of them? Oh I was actually there wasn't I?
Shirl
Post a Comment