Friday, 16 April 2010

The holiday that never got off the ground

Well about now I should be sitting in Malta, having had a nice meal and a wander about, perhaps on the balcony of our sea view room..... instead I am in the lounge at Bath.

the volcano in Iceland has closed all the airports including Bristol so it was no go.
I have moved the flights and hotel to the 30th of April so am keeping everything crossed that the eruption will have stopped or the wind is blowing the ash the other way..

can but hope

the hotel very nicely have kept the 75% off rate that we had on special so it is costing us the same ..... if only we get there.
Still I have had a cold all this week and was not looking forward to the flight, in two weeks i will all better and as we have extended the holiday from 5 nights to 7 we will have a even better ( warmer?) holiday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got the best deal all round really. Enjoy the trip, and remember to watch out for chubby maltese minors! SV.